Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2024, 05:00 PM

Default Screw in studs for a Crower 60916?

So I have a 1968 400 with a set of #15 heads & I’m going to be replacing the camshaft, lifters, timing set, oil pump & valve springs for an 068 cam that I plan to purchase. There’s a set of #16 heads with screw in studs available for a decent price that I’m considering purchasing so that I could run a cam with a little more lift like the Crower 916 but now I’m starting to wonder if it’s really worth it in the end. The 400 that I have is an original 40k mile motor out of a B body car that runs great with no issues, my original plan is to install the 068 with a cast iron intake & quadrajet then put it into my ‘67 LeMans. For a street cruiser with a 3.23 gear & turbo 350 trans is it worth the extra cash/effort to swap the 15’s to 16’s just for screw in studs & some more lift from the cam?