Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2024, 12:50 PM

Default CAM CHOICE

Hey guys. I am new here so excuse me if I’m posting in the wrong place. I’m trying to build an N.A street cruiser and want your guy’s input on my build list and direct me in the right direction before I drop this engine in the car soon. I am worried about the cam not being able to make enough power. If possible, would like a low 11 second car, while still having a nice cruiser to daily with the family. Here is what I got so far, ready to go into my roller:
455 H.O, bored and stroked with a butler, forged rotating assembly (474 ci), butler ported, round port 87cc E-heads 325cfm. CNC port matched performer rpm intake, Holley Sniper EFI.
Cam I bought was the BP8041sp
294/300, 242/248, .594/.619, 112LS with 1.65 rockers. Doug’s longtube headers. Took the doug Nash 5 speed out of it to get an overdrive. I’m going with an art carr 200r4 auto (unless you guys have a better alternative by tomorrow)
Bought a moser 9 inch rear, Detroit locker 3.50 Ratio
Also note this is a full interior, A/C car with no weight reduction anywhere. 1969 GTO