THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2024, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Working on a print now with about twice the resolution, about as fine a resolution as my printer will do. 0.2mm or about .008".

First impressions are very good.

Yes, 1/10th scale. Bare block is about 1.96" from front to back.

I wanted to do it in parts much like a model for both fun to assemble (or add a blower or something later) and the fact that I can do the parts more justice printing them in an orientation favorable to one part, that might not be favorable to the part it's attached to.
Like the block gets printed as it would sit in the car, the heads get printed standing on end, the valve covers get printed lying flat bottom down. All depends on what features are on a part which direction they will print best in.

Hard to see here ... camera seems to have some problems focusing on this shiny filament. But, quite an improvement ... higher resolution print is on the bottom.

What I find exciting is it's like have a plastic model you can't screw up, you can reprint any part you want, create new parts, or print all the parts again and build another with different options, colors etc.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Model-detail-1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	628727