Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2023, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Near 1000$ for bare heads, you will have some money in them by the time you are done.
The CNC versions are 1400$ might be OK if the port work is good.
Any flow sheets ?
The best deal looks like its the hyd roller CNC complete heads for 1600$ If the valves are one piece might be a good starting point. All I can find on the valves is "hardened tips". (5.210 long) Nothing about one piece.
If the components are good enough 1200$ for bolt on heads (non CNC) is a good deal. But Its my understanding that the area under the valves are lacking for big ported numbers.
Resale ? Sure looks like some pairs have sat with folks trying to sell them. Everyone knows they will be back on sale next year.

I picked up a few nick knacks, nothing major this year. A aluminum filler neck for my SM fuel cell. Mine is plastic and the thought of having issues at the track got me to upgrade. Bought a big fuel filter with cleanable wire mesh filter and what looks like a Mallory copy 140 gph fuel pump. But its 160 gph. Not much risk, only 40 $ They have a mechanical 115 gph pump for 24 $
They have some dirt cheap roller rockers (maybe too cheap) 140$ SS and 130$ for aluminum. Say they can take 600lb spring pressure.

If someone is looking for budget connecting rods they have some 242$ 4340 6.8 H beams. My brother bought a set. They also have what looks to be a Crower billet copy 6.8 4340 rod for 262 $. 880 grams though.
They have some cranks but only a 3.25 main 4.25 stroke 4340 for 680$ I stupidly sold mine years ago. But I don't know if these need reground like some do. I know I can buy a Scat for 1000$ that does not need re ground. The 3" main crank at 569$ would be a great deal but not in stock.
I paid real money for some T400 drums last year but have not got around to building a new trans yet, the one I have is doing fine.