Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2023, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Pontiac View Post
That would be a fairly 'correct' 71 400 for you (YS would have been from an automatic car, but regardless), $1400 is too high for a core short block, IMO.

If it was a complete engine, especially with the #96 heads, then I would say you might have something.

Personally, I would pass on this one too.

But since you have a lot of other things to do on the car, keep at it. The right engine will pop up. Keep an eye on the classified's here on the forums too. Someone up in your neck of the woods may have just what you need.

X2! Way too expensive for a short block! That's the price of a complete engine in my book...carb to pan. Keep looking like Mr. Pontiac said. I paid $400 each for the last '70 400 (complete std. bore) and '73 455 long block (+ .030"). A couple of my cars have 'transplant' engines in them and 99.99% of people never know, look, or ask...even a Pontiac shows. Some have the same year heads so the casting numbers look kosher to the inspectors.

Dennis

Last edited by SD455DJ; 10-28-2023 at 08:11 AM.