Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2023, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I want to make a charcoal fuel vapor vent to reduce gasoline smell.

Sometimes I dont mind the smell, but it does get old. You can tell Ive been driving my Firebird after I get out of it sometimes because my clothes smell vaguely of fuel.

So I want to make a charcoal vapor vent system, and Im soliciting opinions on how to do that effectively.

I currently have a Tanks Inc tank with an in-tank fuel pump. ( I have Terminator Stealth TBI) The vent line currently ran to a short length of hose that is held to a high point on the floorpan with a magnetic zip-tie anchor.

So here is my general plan and somebody can tell me if I have this wrong, if there is a better part I should use etc. It gets confusing because I know newer systems use a valve of some sort. Im told older systems used ported vacuum sources so it wasnt sucking all the time.

I want to buy this affordable dude here
https://www.amazon.com/Canister-%E2%...55203762&psc=1

Mount it on the firewall, run a line from the "Tank" fitting to the vent line in the tank. Run a vacuum line to the ported spark port. Fresh air comes in from the bottom of the unit, and in theory thats it.

Now tell me why it wont work.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports