Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2023, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So after pulling the trans for the third time I was able to take a look at the PP in action.

Had someone push down on the clutch pedal and the disc dropped. It is releasing as it should be. But with the trans installed and engine running it will not go into gear. As soon as I shut the engine down I can shift into any gear.

When I had the trans out on the bench a while back I took the shift cover off to change the gasket. Reinstalled the shift cover and bench shifted it thru all gears. Also had the tail shaft housing off too to change the rear bushing. Nothing in the main case was taken apart.

I'm ruling out a trans issue because it shifts fine when engine is off and when I had it on the bench.

Trans was not hard to install either. Went right in practically by hand. Didn't draw it into the bell with bolts.

Still searching for an answer.