Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2023, 08:55 AM

Default PRW Stainless Steel 1.65 Rocker close call

I started noticing a valvetrain ticking sound recently, pulled the valve cover and saw a rocker tip roller pin almost out.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230916_140238.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	620119 . I also saw 2 other rockers with loose pins. Needles to say I've lost all confidence in these rockers, they have less than 2000 miles on them. Something weird that I noticed when checking lash which I usually do before resetting is that most of the intake clearances were bigger anywhere from .005" to .015" form the initial .006". Not sure why this is but I think it might be to do with wear on the nut where it contacts the rocker shaft, there is a small contact area there and there seems to be some wear showing. There is sufficent retainer to guide clearance (.070") and not going into coil bind, Springs are Crane 99893 set up at 1.810" installed height.
Cam is OF with about .630 lift with Comp Solid Roller lifters. Looking for suggestion on new rockers, H & S or Scorpian, which one would give better valvetrain geometry, current have 9.4 inch pushrods which I did check for straightness.. KRE D port heads.

1972 GTO
468 2 Bolt Main w/Eagle rotating assy
SD Ported 295 KRE D Ports 10.8 CR
OF Hydraulic roller w/ 1.65 stainless rockers
Performer RPM Intake
Holley 3310 780 Vacuum Secondary
TH400 with 10" Continental Convertor
8.2 BOP 4 pinion 10 Bolt with 3.36 gears
11.428/118.95/1.618
The Following User Says Thank You to vicgto For This Useful Post: