THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2023, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've run 3 tanks of fresh fuel through in the 3 weeks since buying the car, it's that much fun...lol

While I wait on the new maf, can anyone explain to me how the fuel is handled in the situation I'm having the issue with what would be the accelerator pump on a carb?

Is it all in the programmed tune or should I be seeing the short fuel trim adding the 'pump shot' when blipping the throttle?

I ask because the short fuel trim goes max rich when I snap the throttle open but the engine doesn't respond and bogs. To me this seems like the ecu is attempting to cover for missing fuel that should already be there but it's not enough. This leads me to believe there is not enough flow through the injectors. Since fuel pressure check is good, doesn't that just leave the injectors as the culprit?

Edit to add - This would make sense except that unplugging the maf basically cures the bog indicating the fuel flow is capable but it's being held back by the ecu somehow.

I may run out to the pick n pull today and see if I can find a maf. I found a list of cars that use the same one so might be a quick way to test this.

Last edited by firechicken; 08-05-2023 at 09:03 AM.