Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2023, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
You would want more than a 9 deg split ?
The Comp had a .264 intake so it had a 10 deg split. But the intake lobe Tim Thought would work best had 265 @ .050 and he thought it was fine.
The Comp cam had .759 gross lift, .741 net lift.
My heads are done at .700 lift for all intents and purposes. 350 cfm at .700 and the only go up 9 cfm, 359 cfm at .800 lift.
So I did not see the point of hanging the valve so much when it was not going to get me anything.
Jeff at KRE said Super Stock guys open the valve way past where the heads flow all the time but its harder on things.
Not what I am after.
Just trying to open the valve enough to matter, run the biggest lobe I can with a margin of safety.
Some might have the balls to run a bigger cam in a stock block, but I just bracket race. I got away with .688 lift for years in a stock block so .731 lift is a nice jump. I know you can run a .457 lobe in a stock block like Jake ran with his SB cam but the duration was in the .250s.
Still should be close to 700 HP.
Like I said just my opinion.