Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2023, 08:52 AM

Default Order of operations

I have a 69 Fierbird that belonged to my father in law. He bought it new. It runs and drives. Many mistakes were made over the years but it's still a pretty solid numbers matching car. At some point soon it will need some attention or things are going to go south.

From an order of operations stand point this is my plan. Just looking for feedback.

1. Make it safe. Any suspension or brake issues will be resolved. Just did a front disc conversion.

2. Make it run. The engine starts well and runs better than it should somehow, but is desperate for a rebuild. I'm going to hold off until I can afford to do it right. Full deal. Including upgrades with goal of 325hp.

3. Others... gas tank need replacing. Headliner is falling off.

4. Make it better... add dual exhaust. Add posi. Consider rear end gearing options.

5. Make it pretty. No idea where to start... needs a lot. It ain't the worst... it ain't the best.