Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2022, 06:38 PM

Default 433 vs 461 stroker build

Planning out my engine build and I really want to go with a 4" stroker 400 (433ci) with the molnar crank and their own pontiac rods with a bbc rod end. Sounds like it will be a great combo and meet my power desires, plus I plan on running a 150 shot also. But the 461 stroker combo that everyone has done seems to be the same price so its hard to justify getting less for the same.

The 461 combos I've seen typically use a 6.8 rod which I'm not crazy about running that short of a piston but enough people run them I guess its not an issue.

The 433 would use a 4 inch stroke, 6.625 rod and 421 style pistons.

Seems the 433 with the shorter rod (still pretty long) will have better wear characteristics and wont have any piston rocking issues. But I'm still learning so could be wrong.

I really hope you guys can give me something to commit to the 433 because I like things that are less common but at the same time dont want to build it and wish I've gone my other way.

Build is going in a 66 lemans street machine build, lots of driving and roadtrips planned. Will be backed by a tkx and a ford 9" with 3.89 gears.