Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2022, 04:03 PM
Senior Chief

Default Sick of ill-fitting parts, bad descriptions, and…

…poor quality parts that still cost a fortune!

I’m feeling like I’m in the home stretch trying to button up this car after 2yrs since disassembly and the (what I assumed to be) “simple” parts I’ve had sitting on the shelf waiting to go are proving useless.

Quarter Glass “U”?

Complete garbage. Zero holes line up, it’s about an inch too tall, and the wrong shape/profile to match the outside of the body.

Window belt-line/fuzzy whatever you choose to call it?

Absolute trash. I double checked the description and sure enough it specified ‘68. I spent over 3hrs sweating to death yesterday evening trying to make the quarter section fit only to eventually throw in the towel and assume the seller should have said ‘69-‘72? I’m assuming ‘68 is a one year part.

From now on my first choice will be Ames for everything. All the parts I’ve purchased from them have been great and the place is even honest enough in the description to mention things like “low quality AP reproduction” or things like that.

Sorry for the rant… I do feel a little better now though.