Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2022, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wiper blades- what are you guys using?

I rarely drive my old cars in the rain, but seeing as how I drive them, not just look at them, I have got caught in rain before.
I remember about 10 years ago when I went looking for a set for my GTO, I could no longer find refills. What I did find was a set of “classic car” blades at the parts store. Instead of the nice polished stainless steel arm, they were painted silver, and looked horrible. BUT I was able to use the blades out of those to use in my original GTO stainless arms.
Now I’m in the same boat with my ‘63 LeMans. Problem is the auto parts store doesn’t even stock those fake classic blades anymore. So where do you get blades to put in your old arms these days?
Everything my auto parts store stocks, the blades are narrower than the old arms?

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
‘55 Catalina
‘62 Mercury Meteor-all original, bought new by my grandfather
71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.-now my sons ride

Last edited by 67drake; 06-11-2022 at 10:19 PM.