Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2021, 07:12 AM
Senior Chief

Default Doing some Port work on 4X heads

Got things lined up with the machine shop to work my 4X heads. They will be adding liners, cut guides down to .530, and install 2.11 valves (up from the 1.96). So after they get to this point I will do some bowl work , a little port matching and pushrod budge adjustments BEFORE they do the valve job.
My ? is: With these being 98 cc i can see how they RAISED the valve seat area higher up into the head (compares to my #62) .... IS THE PORT ROOF/WATER jacket area at the same level as my #62's. The last thing I want to do is make a sprinkler system out these in the bowl trying to get things opened up and shaped. I am NOT trying to make these things flow 290 cfm but boy they look BAD compared to my others and expect they look worse once the 2.11 vvalves are in.
I will be trying to figure out how to load pics...currently that is a big FAIL for me here.