Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2020, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Bonding plastic ground cover to cinder block

I put 6mil plastic down in my crawl space as a moisture barrier beneath my project house. Before I started laying my subfloor I figured I’d glue the plastic around the perimeter of the crawl space to the cinder block foundation to help further seal out moisture.
I bought some water based indoor/outdoor construction adhesive that the label says bonds just about anything to anything. I put a bead down yesterday on a section as a trial run. I went back today and a can easily pull the plastic off of the adhesive. Adhesive sticks to the cinder block just fine.
I went back to the hardware store to find an alternative. All the non water based ones say specifically NOT to use on plastic. So I need ideas on what to use
I was thinking maybe a silicone type caulk as that seems to stick to anything, but don’t know how durable it would be in an unheated crawl space. Or if it sticks to cinder block?
The crawl space area will be unused for storage, so the plastic won’t really get disturbed or pulled on, so it doesn’t really have to be a STRONG bond, just durable.
Also, I know there are some super glue type products that will stick to plastic, but I need to run about 160’, so little tubes of glue isn’t ideal. I was hoping something to use in a caulk gun.

Thanks for any ideas.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.

Last edited by 67drake; 11-19-2020 at 07:56 PM.