Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default The Phil Monteith 4th Gen Hatari !

Well, I was gonna post some DRC lists of races where this car did good. But, it is such a well known car, & so much has been written about it that I decided not to post a bunch of lists.

I think Peter Biondo won 4, of his 5 national SS championships driving mostly this car. During that process, he obviously won LOTS of div races & national events. Because of all those wins, I assume this car has probably won more races than any other Pontiac powered SS car, ever.

There have also been several other drivers, including Sam & Sal Biondo, John Agneta, probably several others I'm not aware of. Phil Monteith probably made a few passes in it, himself.

The car was just in the Class Racer Nationals race. Sal Biondo was driving, & made it to the semi-final round. So, it's still a very competitive SS car.

I think it ran a 400 for years, then switched over to the alum head 428. Phil Monteith has had a lot of success with his Hatari Birds. I think he also either supplies, or has a hand in, the engines in the Agneta & Pickett 4th gen, & the Biondo Stocker. May not be the quickest engines, but they have proven to provide reliable, competitive power, for many years now. So, hat's off to Phil Monteith, for his contribution to Pontiac powered class racing !

I've seen it listed as a '98 & a 2000, for sure. Assume that would depend on which front cap the car had, at the time. Also assume there has only been one 4th Gen Hatari. But, obviously I don't know that, for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Peter Biondo 4-wide Nationals .jpg
Views:	143
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	549721   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - Hatari Smoke .jpg
Views:	138
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	549722   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 - Hatari  Up .jpg
Views:	143