THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2020, 12:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Need an opinion

Hi everyone. Hope this thread belongs in this section, if not, someone feel free to move it.
I recently sold my small car collection, one of which was a '71 GTO 2d ht, which had a body off frame restoration. It was tropical lime green in color and I had cloned it to a Judge. Just a beautiful car. I previously spoke about it here in some threads. My objective was to sell the cars and concentrate on having just one very nice car. I'm getting older and don't seem to have the energy or ambition to have a stable of cars again. Not to mention the expense involved. I've been looking for a while now and I'm certainly in no rush to buy anything. I've narrowed my search down to either a '55 Chevy, '66 GTO or a '62 SS 409. Whatever I buy, it has got to be a convertible. That's mandatory. Hardtops are nice, but no. I've been thinking about my '71 GTO and how much I like the looks of it. I want to include that in my search also. I know what the prices are of the other cars I've been looking at and mentioned above. I'm not sure what the market range might be of a '71 GTO convertible. This car would have to have been restored beautifully and and in factory/stock form. Original drivetrain is also mandatory. Bottom line is, I don't want to do anything to it but wax it. Has to be nice. Don't need a trailer queen. I plan on driving this car alot. So, what are anyones thoughts on what the price range might be?? Thank you very much, Carmine.