Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Senior Chief

Default What are the graduations on the 70 Rallye temp gauges supposed to

Be?

Waiting on my manuals in the mail.

Cruising along at 60, it looks like this.

That would seem a little cool to be accurate if 175 is supposed to be the center mark.

Right When it shut it off it goes right to the center marking.

When I start it up it goes all the way to 250 degrees than back down after I let off the start position on the ignition.

My 69 with a 400 and an aftermarket gauge instead of the idiot light runs about 160 with a perfectly mated propeller in the water pump and the fan should aligned air tight, about 180 to 190 after I changed the pump, without spending loving hours getting the absolute minimum prop clearance, and the fan shroud with a little more gap.

I am basically trying to dial in where to get worried on my gauge. I guess I cloud laser temp the in and out radiator hoses and get an idea.

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"