Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Or just leave it the way the engineers wanted it.

So for awhile now I've not really been active on the board here for around a year. Some have their "ideas" about that, which I can assure you are dead wrong.

A man ran into me in town who owns a company who restores/services classic cars for clients, currently they have 186 in the house. I started doing tune up work on a case by case deal for them at his request. This got serious about 5 months ago. I'm still around here for those who need anything but as far as across town... I'm heavily slammed, but staying at pace with them with no sign of slowing down there anytime in next 2-3 years.

Which brings me to my reason for this post.

A man posted a question about some distributor endplay issues, which was answered, and a slight discrepancy followed. Hence the sole reason for this post.

It will be rather lengthy over its course. I hope to address answers to questions that haven't been asked and even some questions people have as to why some members of this board are absent for lengths of time. Mainly that reason is because they are damn good at what they do and they are BURIED trying to satisfy the customer base at the level of quality folks have come to expect over the years from these individuals.

In a manner I didn't use to possess I would have retorted in a post and effectively wrecked the original posters post. We aren't doing that, so I'll start one here.

Let's ask a question...

WHY DiD THE FACTORY ENGINEERS LEAVE THE ENDPLAY AS WIDE AS THEY DiD AND WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO SHRINK IT AND WHY???