Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2017, 05:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default intake manifold gasket leaks , best gasket ?

hi, I have a 67 gto just installed a new edelbrock aluminium performer intake manifold, I use the blue felpro gaskets, with locktite gasket cement, but I am getting a slight leak around the water crossover,
I have tightened the bolts as far as I dare , they are already about 50ft pounds which is double what edelbrock recommends , I did all the usual cleaning it was spotless and used plenty of sealant so I find it very disappointing its leaking

I have read a few things about the felpro blue gaskets being too hard for aluminium , does anyone have any thoughts on what is the best gasket ?

I been looking at maybe the MR gasket ultra seal sold by summit, but it has the exhaust crossover blocked formed as part of the gasket which I think will burn thru in time so no sure about these......I use a metal plate over the exhaust crossover ports with the standard felpro gasket, but its leaking.... any thoughts please ?