Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A little back round,
The 10" continental in the car now is a pretty nice piece, same converter I run in one of mine. It works well for the intended engine it's designed for. It will flash in the 36-3800 range at the track with the previous 455.

The problem now is this new engine is making 200 more HP and TQ than the 455 did and it makes the converter VERY loose feeling. We knew this would happen. He has already talked to Continental about it and they can make a nice driving 10" for it no problem. He just has to decide on his rear gear first because that makes a difference.

If you watch the dyno pulls in post #11, Tony never really pulled the engine down as low as he could have. I think the lowest pull started around 4,000 and you might hear him explain why in that video. What was interesting is that where the pulls started the torque was already on the downward swing at 764 ft lbs and dropping, so we really aren't sure what the max torque was. May have been a little closer to 800. Even so, over 700 ft lbs. throughout the pull up to 53-5400 rpm, and peak HP at 5700, that cracks me up. No need to spin this engine tight.

Hey Paul, I guess you could call it a boat, it's nearly 4,000 lbs with a driver, LOL