Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Time to order Roller Lifters - Poll

So I have read about every article on the PY forum (among others) regarding roller lifters. Many of these articles scare the crap out of me (especially from the BBC forums), but putting another flat tappet cam in my engine scares me even more.

I am going with a modified version of SD's Stump Puller roller, and am ready to order lifters. Dave's first suggestion was the CC 857S hyd. Says they have used many of these for the past year with no issues. They have also had good luck with the CC mechanical with pin oiling. As Dave reminded me, you always hear about the worst case scenarios on the internet!

I am certainly not questioning Dave's knowledge or experience here, but am curious to hear opinions from all or your real-life experience as well. From my research, I have narrowed it down to one of the three following options...

--Comp 857S Hyd
--Comp 859 mech
--Crower 66260H mech (leaning towards this option)

Similar to many cars here, mine is mostly street, maybe 2K-3K miles per year weekend warrior, and a few trips to the drag strip just for fun.

Not looking to get into a whole lifter debate here (we have plenty ), but feel free to place your vote for one of the options above!

Thanks!