Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pictures of Stealth Aluminum Heads

I didn't want to hijack ITSBACK's cast iron vs. aluminum thread, so thought I'd start another thread.

It would be interesting to see pictures of aluminum heads that have been painted and altered to look similar to iron heads. I did a quick search and the threads involving painting the heads were from early 2012 and older, and I didn't see any pictures. While the round ports can be painted and would probably confuse the Chevy and Ford guys, I was thinking more along the line of stealth D-ports.

Anyone create numbers on the center exhaust port after removing the Kaufman or Edelbrock names? If you did, what did you use and how is it holding up? I've seen JB weld used on cast iron heads to alter the head number on the center exhaust ports, and it has held up much better than I thought it would. Tips and techniques would also be appreciated.