73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Finally, pics of my 74 G/A 4dr 4spd!

Had prostate surgery on 10/18 and since I am at home recuperating, I finally had the time to compile a photobucket album of my Limefire Green 74 Grand Am 4dr 4spd for those who were waiting to see some pics. The car is in decent, original condition, body is great, interior is a combination of worn OE and non-matching replacement upholstery. Several different shades of green but it is usable for now. The only OE parts missing (so far) are the original carb (had a junk Holley 650 spreadbore on it), the point distributor (changed to HEI), and the AM radio. It runs very well but needs tires. When I got it out Thursday, 11/1 and drove it, the P/S pressure hose, which was seeping, decided to start leaking for real and the water pump started leaking from the weep hole, and the radiator developed a pinhole, shooting coolant clear to the firewall. Such is life with a 39yr old car. I haven't driven it enough to determine if my lower back is going to let me drive it, but it will be offered here first if selling becomes a necessity. Enjoy the pics, and let me know what you think.

-Dave

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...%204dr%204spd/

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 11-04-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Correction