Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice work Calvin!!! It appears though that my fears are confirmed with the roof of the port being to thin. It looks like in the one picture of the port, I see were the spring seat poked through. I left the port I'm playing with a little on the conservative side for that reason. I think if Edelbrock would have moved that spring pocket up just another .100 we porters would be allot happier. If Edelbrock is concerned with valve weight, they shouldn't be. With titanium 8 mm valve stem valves. The valve should be plenty light enough for rpm's up to 9,000 +.

Bruce your spark plug location worries are indeed a major concern. The plug location is not optimum and can lead to detonation. As Tom V. stated as well, there is probably going to be an issue with cracking in this area. It is thin there and with the heat build up in this area may end up being a major issue. I guess we won't know that until someone gets a set on an engine and beats on them.

So with this all being said, to make these heads work without issues. It looks like welding will be necessary as well as additional machining before welding and after.
I hope all of our hypothesis are unfounded!!!

Don Johnston
DCI MOTORSPORTS INC.
330-628-3354 cell
330-850-5050 shop
Designer of the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air V Heads !!!!