Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Steve View Post
It is factory white with the black top and a blue interior, 350, T350 and 2.56 rear, Options on the build sheet (still got it too, Dad found it under the back seat in the 70's and filed it away) are, power windows, door locks, power bench seat, electric trunk release, tinted windshield, front and rear floor mats, door edge guards, power front discs, power steer, rally II's, G78 White Walls, trunk light, clock and AM radio. It was factory single exhaust, that was replaced by the twin system early on.

It was imported new and converted to RHD and sold as a new car. It was ordered, IIRC, about 28 to 30 cars after my 70 GTO, but my GTO was early Nov. and this one's early Feb! I guess the U.S. dealer, Kahn Motors in NJ, wasn't a high volume dealer.

Dad bought it in the mid to late 70's with about 30k miles, I think it's got 95k on it now. It's been off the road for awhile, but atleast it is still in the family. Dad bought a GTO hood to put on it and also liked the idea of the GTO splitters and rear valance as well. The old man passed away last December and, I tell ya, it was so damn hard digging this out of the shed to bring to my house . It's turn will come.

Hey, would you be interested in a pair of rear quarter panels on their own? I saw some advertised in Ca.
70Steve, Sorry to hear about loosing your father. We just lost our mother a month ago and it is hard to comprehend that she's gone, but she lived to be 90 and was always spunky.

Wow, that is a loaded LeMans. I imagine all the sheet metal is solid being in Australia. That is one place I want to travel someday with my family. My kids think that is the best place to live. Yes, we'd be interested in rear quarters on there own. Thanks!

Dennis