The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Can you keep a secret? ....sshhhhhhhhh....

I know its been brought up here before....you know, the good ole Rustoleum roller paint job. Well after redoing my hood scoop, the old Pontiac needed some paint.

I rolled on a paint job on my daily driver, a 67 Ford Econoline. ( http://www.ford-econoline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=261 ) I was pleased with the results soooooooooo. Id thought id slap some paint on the ole pontiac. I figured whats the risk, if it doesnt work out then im out 40 bucks, I ll have to sand it down and take her to Earl Schieb. here is a link to some pics on a shutterfly account i created.

the pics are the rattle can base coat, block sanded, 1st and 2nd coat of paint. Next will be some wet sanding as there is alot of crap in the paint. maybe 2 to 4 more coats, a final wetsand and polish.

I will post more pics as i progress.

http://1966gto.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

Cheers

66 GTO clone, 467 cubic inches of Turbocharged Multiport Fuel Injected fury twisting a TH400 into 3.90's wrapped in a 12 bolt posi.

My T56 Install
My Turbo Build
My Vortech Supercharger Build
Hyd Throw out bearing
Misc Build Pics

May the Karma Gods meet you half way....