THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Herb Adams spoke at the Trans Am Nationals this year, and it was nice to hear him talk about the Silverbird. They built that thing in a single car garage, and he said that after doing all the bodywork, they really had no idea how the rocker panel area would look because it was in a single car garage.

The Silverbird wasn't too successful, but man, did it look bad ass. I still have some vacu-formed bodies from the late 70's/early 80's of the Silverbird, for a 1/12 scale radio control race car, 1/32, and HO scale slot cars.
In one race though it beat all the Porsches at Laguna Seca -- the photo you posted is that race I believe .