Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 AM

Default Barn find

I hope this is the correct spot for this little story. I have just signed up yesterday so I am still learning my way around here on the forum. I have followed many auto forums and am always amazed at these deals you see where someone finds a real unmolested car stored away years ago. Well, a good friend calls me and says I better come up and see what he has found and has enlisted my help with this new acquisition. What he found was a 65 Catalina and it sure is a nice car. Last registered in '03 here in Vt but never driven much, it has 35000 original miles on the odometer. It had belonged to an elderly woman upstate and she, in her retiring years, sold it to a fellow who sold it to this fellow.....you get the jist of this I am sure. So over the years it has just sat with not much interest until now.
This car is so clean I can't believe it. Has a leak in the rear window and needs a patch in the DS rear quarter. Probably could use a good cleaning of the carpets and some polishing and this thing will shine. Looked like it may have a 389 with a two barrel, power steering and power brakes but no AC. We put a battery in it and shot some gas in the carb and it started right up! The interior is spotless...It looks like no one has ever sat in the back seat.
I am going to pull the data off the cowl tag and will see what it tells us. In the meantime we are going to get it in the shop and go over the vehicle, clean it, fix a few spots and polish it. After that I don't know what we will do with it as of yet. Took some pics but it was 12 degrees with a stiff wind so I didn't take too many.
Will keep you updated on what we are doing.

Walt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3194.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	193300   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3195.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	193301   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3197.jpg