Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1967 GTO project thread

Well heres my project. I sold my Nova and its time for me to begin my "new/old" project car. My 1967 GTO. Heres the rundown. Its a factory California car and absolutly rot free. Its very straight and basically the bodywork and paint is done. It was a factory 360hp H.O. auto car from the factory. It came with AC, PS,PB,PA, turbo 400 with a his/hers shifter and 3.36 gears. The car is in fantastic shape.

Its got setimental value for me. Dad and I started the car as a father son project. I drove it in highschool for a while and it spun a bearing so its sat for the last 10 years. When we built it the first time, it was done as cheap as possible just to get it running and driving. Dad and I did the best we could with it but times were tough and money was tight. Several years later I wanted to buld a racecar. Dad and I fought over it and he told me hed be gone to hell before i cut his original GTO up. So thats where the Nova came in. I had my fun with the Nova but it was a racecar at heart. I am now settled down and want a cruiser. Dad told me about a year ago that if I wanted to build that GTO, I could have it, on one condition....i couldnt cut it up and anything that was done as a mod would have to be easily put back to original. I agreed so here we are. The start of a process. It might take a while, but in the end it will be worth it. The basic plans are to...

-Build a street friendly modern steering and suspension
-Richmond 5 speed
-428ci engine {it was the dealer installed factory cool motor for that year}
-4 wheel discs
-Bone stock interior and exterior with the exception of front seatss
-17 or 18" wheels

Nothing too radical, just a nice old GTO that i can drive anywhere

Heres a few pics of the car before I get to building. I tried to get a couple shots of the interior but they wouldnt upload...hmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO1.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	186849   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO2.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	186850   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO4.jpg
Views:	869