Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brad,

I have tried to help you whenever I can and so has Tom V. I answer your PM’s and phone calls to the best of my ability (but apparently not as good as yours) and for you to try to insult my ability to tune my car, let alone Tom V.’s tuning ability is amazing. As I’ve always stated, good luck with your set-up and I hope you get it squared away.

Here’s the answers to your questions that you asked Lil Jack:

Quote: “if either of them want to give me any advise i will listen.”

Answer: You have to call in order to help.

Quote:
“brian or tom have more experience with a blow-thru on a pontiac than me????”

Answer: Never said I did.

Quote: “so if i did fly brian out for a weekend what do you think he could tell me about the innerworkings of a csu carberator to get it to flow about 40% more volume and lower the a/f ratio 3points than it has.”

Answer: I don’t know what you are doing to be able to tell you either way. Both you and Ray are talking so encrypted no one can make heads or tales if you have a different blower, added an I/C, changed the chassis, etc.

Quote: “.(has he modified his carb, does he know what jets(front and back),what diameter of all 3 of the pvcr's(front and back), what diameter booster tubes, what size the hs airbleeds(front and back), what size needle and seats(all four), and if vent tube extensions were used and ther effect on a/f ratios. does he know what the fuel pressure is before and after the regulator, boost in the hat, boost in the manifold, intake manifold tempeture, a/f ratio as it relates to boost and rpm, timing curve(boost referenced), exhuast gas tempeture, and voltage. with all these sensors”

Answer: I will answer your questions as you presented them. No, I haven’t had to modify my carb. Yes, I know what jets are in them. As far as pvcr’s, I have no idea what size they are. No, I don’t know what size booster tubes I have or airbleeds. Yes, I know the size of my needle and seats (all two) because I’ve gotten my carburetor to work with only two, not four. No, my carburetor doesn’t have vent tubes and yes I know what they do to the AFR’s. Yes, I know what my fuel pressure is both before and after the regulator. Before I changed some things around, I knew what both boost readings were(in the hat/manifold). I don’t have an intake temperature probe to tell what my intake temperature is. Yes, I have a spreadsheet that tells me exactly what my AFR’s are in relation to my rpm. Yes, I know how to use a map sensor for the timing curve. No, I don’t have an EGT or volt meter.

You have my number, if you should chose, you can call me and we can discuss what going on with your car. If not, that's fine too. I wish you the best.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)

Last edited by bad69bird; 07-11-2008 at 08:05 PM.