Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
!!!!!DOUG'S SCHMOUG'S!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about everyones problems with dougs. i considered them when i bought headers but could not justify the outrageous price, why are they so expensive, there is no extra cost in manufacturing them compared to other quality headers. & from the looks of the pics they don't even fit alll that well, there is no reason for them to almost hit the control arm area. hedmans fit perfect & are a quality header.
i chose the uncoated hedmans that fit a 78 400 4 speed t/a. i then sandblasted the factory crappy paint off & coated them with por20 high heat header coating.....it works awsome. 2 years & 2000 miles later & they are almost like new still. if the header is prepped & cleaned right & the por 20 is applied & cured correct it last a very long time.

after reading this thread & many others like it i am SOOO glad i didnt pay hundreds for ceramicoat, it seems to be quite crappy. i paid $30 for the small can of por 20 & can still do another set of headers with whats left. this stuff is awsome & looks great too, i got the aluminum colored por20 & it almost looks like ceramicoat, they also have black.

Good deal, maybe I'll go that route as I am looking for headers or manifolds for my new 400.