THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-15-2022, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Nearly a Dozen RA IV GTOs Coming Up

Looks like someone is liquidating at least part of their RA IV GTO collection. I count 11 of them. All look very nice. A couple are numbers matching.

Here is a link to one of them.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-53...ge-ram-air-iv/

To see them all you need to do your own search using this link.

https://www.mecum.com/search/

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 12-15-2022, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Be a good time to win Powerball or MegaMillions.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 02:34 PM
Senior Chief

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/kissi...to-collection/

The Following User Says Thank You to 65madgoat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

2 Atoll Blue 70 HT's - they think the Judge will fetch less - wonder why?

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2022, 11:12 AM
Senior Chief

Haggerty has a lot of data from their insurance business and tracking auction values. I read an interesting article that they are seeing a younger crowd insuring musclecars. However what becomes "collectible" or sought after tends to follow demographics. In other words what people cherished/desired in their teen and early adult years they seek out when in their peak earning years.

So cars of the 80s and 90s are on the rise. Most of these are Japanese imports and the sportier models Supras, Z cars, and European sport models of this era as well. Unfortunately not much to brag about on our side of the pond during the 80s. The Buick Grand National/GNX has a strong following, possibly the 1989 25th Anniversary TTA will get long deserved recognition. I owned one back in the 2000s and it was treated like a red headed step child. A few Corvette models, IROC Camaros, early 5.0 Mustangs and not much else to get excited about on American cars.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mcronk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are the other two that are not part of the other collection, both of these are numbers matching:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-53...v-convertible/

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-54...ge-ram-air-iv/

The Following User Says Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are shooting for 4,000 cars to auction at the event , they have 3,878 currently
They get 15% add-on fee to every sale price.
Entry fee per car
Fees for Bidder passes
I don't know if there is a spectator fee , but guessing there is

They might as well just print their own money .

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3,925 cars as of today
That is MASSIVE beyond my imagination.

The OrbitOrange Ram4 Jvert has been popping up with exposure on just about every platform at every level . I think they are trying to make sure it gets a few good bids .
It should pull in some heavy heavy dough !

Old 12-20-2022, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They hit 4,000 cars today @ Kissme

13 specimens of 69-70 Ram4 GTO/Judge

plus
68 GTO Ram2 4spd
69 TA Ram4 4spd
70 GTO Conv 455HO-RA Auto
Close to a dozen 70-72 TA's

$20 per day for spectators in advance , $30 at the gate

Old 12-31-2022, 03:45 PM

Thats just another proof that you have to build, restore and drive what makes you happy and stop worry about market values or "investment".

Here in the north east, european and japanese cars always been extremely popular, I grew up in the late 70s -80s so obviously those cars made an impact on me. While my friends dads we're neck deep in the "street rod" and "hot rod culture , those 30s to early 60s cars really never did it for me.

While some would call this hoarding, I collect vintage cars and motorcycle and have quite a variety of styles and brands. That said as I am getting older I find myself lusting over cars I never really wanted before like a simplistic hot rodded '32 coupe or a sexy '61 Catalina Bubbletop for sunday drives.

So I wouldnt worry too much for the younger gearheads, sure they will first favor their teenage crushes like Iroc-Z, 300Zx and 5.0L mustangs, have you seen the prices clean rust free Civics, Integras, CRX and VW GTI from the 80s and 90s are going for lately?

At the same time when my 16 yo daughter comes camping with her friends at my farm, the boys are all over my little car collection and are really impressed ,even by the slowest vintage cars I own

When I asked my daughter , of all my cars what do you want to drive , she picked my "sun baked" 1979 Silverado C-10...

So again just enjoy the ride, dont worry too much about resale value, because lots of boomers are about to liquidate their car collections in order to enjoy some travels and simpler living before life catches up to them...

Happy New year everyone

The Following User Says Thank You to besserspat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2022, 10:29 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by besserspat View Post
Thats just another proof that you have to build, restore and drive what makes you happy and stop worry about market values or "investment".

Here in the north east, european and japanese cars always been extremely popular, I grew up in the late 70s -80s so obviously those cars made an impact on me. While my friends dads we're neck deep in the "street rod" and "hot rod culture , those 30s to early 60s cars really never did it for me.

While some would call this hoarding, I collect vintage cars and motorcycle and have quite a variety of styles and brands. That said as I am getting older I find myself lusting over cars I never really wanted before like a simplistic hot rodded '32 coupe or a sexy '61 Catalina Bubbletop for sunday drives.

So I wouldnt worry too much for the younger gearheads, sure they will first favor their teenage crushes like Iroc-Z, 300Zx and 5.0L mustangs, have you seen the prices clean rust free Civics, Integras, CRX and VW GTI from the 80s and 90s are going for lately?

At the same time when my 16 yo daughter comes camping with her friends at my farm, the boys are all over my little car collection and are really impressed ,even by the slowest vintage cars I own

When I asked my daughter , of all my cars what do you want to drive , she picked my "sun baked" 1979 Silverado C-10...

So again just enjoy the ride, dont worry too much about resale value, because lots of boomers are about to liquidate their car collections in order to enjoy some travels and simpler living before life catches up to them...

Happy New year everyone
Great advice! I own my cars because I like to drive and show them. It is not about what they are worth as much as it is about reminding me of a time and place in my life. I have held title to over 36 Pontiacs and hope to own a few more before it is all over!

Old 12-31-2022, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Currently over 4,100 cars consigned.
The auction lane will be like a cattle branding scenario.

Would be very nervous with a mid range type car without reserve, and a few shill bidders covering my azz.
Or even any car without a prime day & time slot.

The money cars will have plenty of money chasing them.
The rest could be hit & miss , with a lot of misses.
That's a metric sh!t-ton of cars

Old 12-31-2022, 11:04 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Currently over 4,100 cars consigned.
The auction lane will be like a cattle branding scenario.

Would be very nervous with a mid range type car without reserve, and a few shill bidders covering my azz.
Or even any car without a prime day & time slot.

The money cars will have plenty of money chasing them.
The rest could be hit & miss , with a lot of misses.
That's a metric sh!t-ton of cars
My thoughts exactly! I considered putting my 72 SJ Grand Prix in. With all the cars there it would simply get "lost in the shuffle". They did add a day to the auction but still they have to move a lot of cars across the stage. High profile cars will get their stage time but less profile may not get much time/attention.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1969 Trans Am RAIV 4 Speed

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-54...am-ram-air-iv/

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to R 70 Judge For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
That's an exceptionally nice car.

Old 01-09-2023, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Write-up on the RAIV TA. Interesting that they say only 6 still retain their original drivetrain, I figured that number would be up around 20-21’ish. With a car like this they have probably done some pretty extensive research on the subject.

https://barnfinds.com/1-of-55-1969-p...am-ram-air-iv/

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 01-09-2023, 07:54 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Write-up on the RAIV TA. Interesting that they say only 6 still retain their original drivetrain, I figured that number would be up around 20-21’ish. With a car like this they have probably done some pretty extensive research on the subject.

https://barnfinds.com/1-of-55-1969-p...am-ram-air-iv/
All I can say is believe nothing you read or hear at an auction without confirming it yourself. Mecum has a legal disclaimer that all information they use is provided by the owner and Mecum has no liability as to the representation of the cars. So basically the owner can say what they want.

Old 01-09-2023, 07:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
All I can say is believe nothing you read or hear at an auction without confirming it yourself. Mecum has a legal disclaimer that all information they use is provided by the owner and Mecum has no liability as to the representation of the cars. So basically the owner can say what they want.
And most "only x left in existence!" claims are complete, made-up BS.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 01-12-2023, 12:02 AM
Senior Chief

Here is a shot of the passenger exhaust manifold on the Aegean Blue car and a picture of an original with heat riser.

The same owner has a CR Judge (originally sold in Alaska) and a Starlight Black Judge there too. They both looked a lot worse than the Aegean Blue car. He also has a collection of winged Mopars there so these probably played second fiddle. You would not believe how many high profile cars I see that just don't seem to have the detail needed to be a concours winner. But hey it is an auction not a points judged show. I believe the other RA II that sold back in 2016 was Tom Stutzman (sp) car. There was a thread on how it was bought off ebay and put back together (see pics).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-01-23-22-12-51.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	604973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-01-27-23-40-51.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	604974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1491.jpg
Views:	146