Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-24-2017, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default CV'ies vs. the world showndown??

So recently the CV1 camp has been feeling froggy. They've been making dyno challenges, posting dyno sheets, having point by point debates and appear to be ready to rock! There is a BOP race scheduled at Cordova International Raceway at the Iowa/Illinois border on October 7th. It's always a great event with a well prepped surface. I'm asking if any racers would be interested in setting up some match races to make it more interesting? Maybe Dick "I run two fo's because it's cool" Badbird69 vs. Tom "I got a Firebird " Cosgrove? Calvin "I own the rights to the Fusion port" Hill vs. Brian "I have more power than I know what to do with" Slowbird? Any interest? Any other racers interested in setting something up?

Last edited by PAUL K; 09-24-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As long as its NA vs NA and NO2 vs NO2 why not. Them things seem to need some sort of boost.

Easy fellas, busting balls is OK.... right ? All grown ups here.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think a challenge like that would be fine....... but what I really want to see is this. Show the Buick and Oldsmobile guys that the PONTIAC engine is the one to run if you want to go fast. The Buick and Oldsmobile engines will get you safely to the car show and look nice in their respective cars. It is a BOP event after all. Lets show those guys we may be from "different tribes" but we are all part of the Indian nation.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I think a challenge like that would be fine....... but what I really want to see is this. Show the Buick and Oldsmobile guys that the PONTIAC engine is the one to run if you want to go fast. The Buick and Oldsmobile engines will get you safely to the car show and look nice in their respective cars. It is a BOP event after all. Lets show those guys we may be from "different tribes" but we are all part of the Indian nation.
I might be wrong but i think Pontiacs have consistently been the faster cars there throughout the years.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post

I agree! I attached links two videos of grudge races we had. One at this event and one at the BOP at Byron. My brothers RAIV powered Firebird raced a GSX and my Firebird ran a Fox body Ford. After the race we ate dinner at the Machine Shed compliments of Ford guy.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...32994593525317

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...32994593525317

Old 09-24-2017, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im ready to go, got a light weight drive ready to go if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170916_104445.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	464123  

Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think any CV1 cars are running?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 09-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
I don't think any CV1 cars are running?
Mine just finished 1,000 plus miles on drag week.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 09-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
I meant fast ones, oh that's just an oxymoron.

Just kidding! That's awesome that's a helluva road trip.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 09-24-2017, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Congratulations Hooter! Good job!

Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
thanks to the DW guys hooter and kelvin poe year before..
for proving out the 1- off design splayed valvetrain of the cv-1 durable for the 1000 mile haul using guideplates and roller rockers.
sure i would like for all my product users to spend hundreds of track hours and their last dime to optimize their combos...but in this hobby, thats less than 5 % of participants. so i draw into question those who want to make performance comparisons to those type combos.
the cv-1 will perform as it will... im thrilled that vast majority of my users are happy... if that were not the case, they would be for sale pennies on the dollar everywhere.
we are all pontiac guys, thats the main thing. just saw edelbrock has discontinued a product. time to quit with the bickering and help each other
not hatin' on paul k for this call out- dick is struggling with his converter, brad has a new combo, robin and big chief...

Old 09-24-2017, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
not hatin' on paul k for this call out- dick is struggling with his converter, brad has a new combo, robin and big chief...
Thanks it's nothing personal, just trying to spice things up. Any racers interested in setting something up with a Chevy, Ford, Buick or Olds feel free to send me a PM.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Thanks it's nothing personal, just trying to spice things up. Any racers interested in setting something up with a Chevy, Ford, Buick or Olds feel free to send me a PM.
We aren't offended. Wish it was longer event myself. I haven't been up that way since early 70's.

Still think we need either a spring or fall 2 day event. Bowling Green or something close.(Music City?? Same track owner) Norwalk should remain our premier event but spring and/or fall Pontiac event longer than a day needs hard look.
We'll see what weather and health are and maybe drag us up Saturday.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
sure i would like for all my product users to spend hundreds of track hours and their last dime to optimize their combos...but in this hobby, thats less than 5 % of participants. so i draw into question those who want to make performance comparisons to those type combos
Fwiw i haven't raced once this year, and i average 3-4 races a year the last 4-5 years. Wish i spent hundreds of hours at the track a year.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
not hatin' on paul k for this call out- dick is struggling with his converter,brad has a new combo, robin and big chief...
Does this mean Fulton has the engine back in his car and that he has been testing?

Old 09-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosgrove View Post
Does this mean Fulton has the engine back in his car and that he has been testing?
Correct

Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
the cv-1 will perform as it will... im thrilled that vast majority of my users are happy... if that were not the case, they would be for sale pennies on the dollar everywhere.
we are all pontiac guys,
First off I know you have to be thrilled with Hooter finishing Drag Week heck I think we all are!!!!

2cnd if someone were to sell some used cv-1's how many pennies on the dollar do you think they would be worth? 60-70?

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 09-29-2017, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
First off I know you have to be thrilled with Hooter finishing Drag Week heck I think we all are!!!!

2cnd if someone were to sell some used cv-1's how many pennies on the dollar do you think they would be worth? 60-70?
BANGA GONGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Just like any other car or part, that would depend on how badly the owner F@#%^d them up.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I someone want to step up from their e-heads............

GTO George