Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am looking for a good combo for the engine trans, rear end to make this a VERY nice street car. I don't care about $ as it will take time to build anything...

Here's my assumptions/desires:
Stay with 400 block
Have manual trans (still need one!)
Stay with possibly the 10 bolt orig rear (gears?)
Rest well look at the website to see where I am at...

I assume that with a 9:1 CR or so and a supercharger or NOS with some nicely ported heads (alum ones or something like Edelbrock's) would get you to a nice 10 second w/o a problem? NOS scares me though so I don't really think I want to go there....plus the whine of a supercharger is really kinda kewl!

Oh yeah I basically plan on rebuilding my motor with a nice crank, new pistons, newer better rods all lighter and stronger to beef the bottom in hopes to not break stuff (any ideas?), then add newer top stuff like heads(edlebrock alum) intake etc. Maybe EFI? BTW thinking of 3:42(rear gears), and a Richmond 5 speed (since converting from auto to manual(orig car config))...any thoughts, greatly appreciated?

I really need assistance here. I plan on putting the rest of it back to stock look in the interior. The exterior will be stock in look if possible. Of course rear tires might be a bit bigger but etc etc... Its a project that I plan on having fun with... I want to drive the Fort Stockton race in Texas and go other places to do the same kinda thing. (Kinda have to have it built first.) Please lend me a hand with valuable info that can ease my mind in making these decisions! Many thanks! Email me if you have direct info (waveride@austin.rr.com) that'd you care not to share here. I won't share it if its your personal secrets! Thanks!

http://home.austin.rr.com/transam78/