Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 07-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay those who have patiently waited......the latest pre-production pictures of the soon to be released Tri-Y headers for 2nd generation firebirds.
These headers have been painstakenly formed to gain unobstructed access to the engine starter and oil filter. They also provide excellent ground clearance over anything short of an exhaust manifold. Those of you who own a firebird with lowered suspension will appreciate that!
These will be available in D-port and O-port configurations with primary tube size of 1.75" with 2.5" dia. and 3" dia. collectors! Also, features a 3/8" thick mounting flange which virtually eliminates any warpage.
Thanks to "TUNNELPORT" Ron for his time, hard work and persiverance to see this product through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tri-y5.jpg
Views:	2808
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	7657  

Old 07-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They have a better scavenging effect at the collectors that makes more torque than 4-tubed headers. They will flow about the same as 4-tubed when new unless its a 1000hp or more motor. But they will out flow the 4-tubed haeder by a lot after a few speed bumps smash the 2 bottom tubes on the Hooker Comps.

Ron

Old 08-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

you can probably guess by now that i will be in for a set of d ports for the a body.

Old 07-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ron-
I was thinking of installing these on the 72 T/A I have all stock. I will bring this car to the strip with stock exhaust and see what it runs. I will then run the new tri-y to see if any difference. Will keep in touch and post the results.
Chris

Old 08-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to Goin' Topless

Sure. The best way is to just keep it in outline, just simple black lines with little detail. If you had to, you could eliminate the cactus for the stamp.

I could see several different versions of da bird made, with varying levels of detail, some b/w and some color, for different uses. Higher detailed ones could be used for ads, posters, logos, signs, etc. and simple outline art for stamps and shirts. You might want to search sites like liquidlibrary.com. You might luck out and find da bird, already made!

Ask whomever you hire to burn the Photoshop or Illustrator files onto a CD. Be sure to get copies of the original file, an .eps file for printing and a .pdf file. You can e-mail the .pdf files to places like a newspaper, printer or magazine and they can use it as art in advertising or whatever.

If you have anymore questions or simply need advice on this stuff, shoot me an e-mail. I'd be glad to help!

flippingenius@aol.com

Old 08-05-2004, 08:25 PM

I like Arrowhead' ers.

Or, Red Storm Headers.

Mark

Old 07-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay those who have patiently waited......the latest pre-production pictures of the soon to be released Tri-Y headers for 2nd generation firebirds.
These headers have been painstakenly formed to gain unobstructed access to the engine starter and oil filter. They also provide excellent ground clearance over anything short of an exhaust manifold. Those of you who own a firebird with lowered suspension will appreciate that!
These will be available in D-port and O-port configurations with primary tube size of 1.75" with 2.5" dia. and 3" dia. collectors! Also, features a 3/8" thick mounting flange which virtually eliminates any warpage.
Thanks to "TUNNELPORT" Ron for his time, hard work and persiverance to see this product through.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

briann,
I'm like the Marines "I leave no man behind". Of corse, I made sure both D & O-ports are "4-speed friendly"

Old 08-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Goin Topless,
That sounds cool. How would you recommend incorporating an Arrow head in the pic? Maybe the vulture pulling it out of a Comaro's dead carcass. Or a heart with a chevy emblem on it (Heart Beat of America)? Maybe an Indian standing in the back ground with a bow.

Tim Dean,
Thanks, I think that's what I needed to know.

Ron

Old 09-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im pretty sure its the same because the 65/66 cars I know for sure and the 67/68 Firebirds are both rear steer cars. I have never tried it but everyone says 67/68 Firebird headers will fit a 65/66 big car.

Old 11-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just got off of the phone with "TP" Ron, and my set of RP 3" collector ceramic coated Tri-Y's should be here be Friday. I'll post a pic or two in the "Street" section - for more exposure - once I receive them.

Oh, one other thing, I am truly honored that Ron picked my moniker - "Tri-Y-bal Tubes" - as the official name for his new headers.

Thanks for everything, Ron!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 09-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Update:
All issues are resolved now concerning the fit of the Z-bar for the 4-speed cars & are now in production. They are due by the 1st of October to be ready to ship the UN-coated sets & a week later for the coated sets to ship.
I had posted & emailed everyone to ask if they had a 4-speed car or an automatic car. After receiving a response from all that are in this run of headers. The totals are; 18 sets are 4-speed cars now. Also 3 more will, or are in the process (or will in the near future) of converting to 4-speed. For a total of 21 sets for 4-speed cars. There are 9 sets for automatic cars that are not planing to convert to 4-speed in the future.
This gives a total of 30 sets. Due to the delays from they header co, I was able to get a few late guys in on the order. I had also ordered 4 more sets because of the amount of guys coming in after the dead line. Those 4 sets were to insure that between orders some guys would not have to wait until another complete order to be made. Since that could take awhile. So the final total is 34 sets.
How ever due to a slight mix up or miss understanding. Also to maintain a good & on going relationship with the header co. I have 34 sets of completed headers now. Without going into any great detail. On how these 34 sets became available before the 4-speed Z-Bar clearance issues were completed.
These 34 sets of headers will fit Automatic cars ONLY. The 9 sets that were going to guys with an auto car are going out as follows: The 3 sets that are not to be coated will be shipped out on Fri. The other 6 are at the coating place now & will ship by the end of next week after coating is completed. I'm sure that those guys will be posting soon after to tell about the headers once they receive them.
Due to the fact that I do not own 25 cars, so obviously I have no need for 25 sets for myself. Also the time & cost of this project has already pushed past the limited funds that I had available. Those 9 sets & the remaining 25 sets of the Auto ONLY headers have been discounted to $365.00 a set to sell them off quickly.
These headers have all the same quality of the coming revised 4-speed/Auto headers. However they will limit you to two only trany choices (TH350 or TH400) unless you use a hammer for the Z-bar. This is not what I intended to have happen, so this is why they are discounted as close to cost as possible & then discontinue this version. The price for the 4-speed/Auto headers will remain the same as before.
If you have an auto & could not afford them before or came in to late. Here you go. This price is just for those 25 sets remaining that I just mentioned. This is a great price for the best fitting header you may ever get.

Thanks Ron

Old 11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I hope you made a special set of 'Upside Down Tri-Ys' for it! (More roof clearance)

Old 07-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Heres a link to the pics & prices

http://www.bbgraphics1.com/tri-y/

Old 08-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

-PONCHO PIPES

-WARPATH HEADERS (or) PIPES

-WARRIOR HEADERS(or) PIPES

Old 08-06-2004, 09:12 PM

Do you have a set of d-port,2 1/2 left? I would be interested if so. Thanks Randy

Old 09-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Joe,
You say that 67'/68' F-bodys headers may fit. But these are 70'-79' F-body headers. I've been told 2nd Gen F-body headers dont fit 1st Gen F-bodys. So it still may not fit. I would love it if they did fit more the one body style. Then more guys would have a great header. But someone's going to have to do a test fit to make sure.

Ron

Old 07-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

B-man is Right!!!
I paid over $350 for my set of Tri-Y's 10 yrs ago too!
Get'em now.....no whiners afterwards!

Old 07-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Senior Chief

I am wondering if the 2.5" collector is the way to go since its a tri y design and having a 3" collector might not help out with flow all that much since its not a 4 tube design. Its only the 2 larger tubes entering into that area for the collector and not 4. One might be able to just run a 3" pipe off of the 2.5" collector to help with the ground clearance issuse only with the 3" collector.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Randy,
I have 2 D-ports left & 2 guys said the same thing "I'll get you the cash in a week" So I told them the same thing. The sooner the better I only have 1 Formula & only need 1 set for it. & the total is $425 + $29 = $454 & if you want them coated add $185 = $639

Ron