Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Senior Chief

Default Year One has just greatly annoyed me

Called them last Monday,about a cloth-covered headliner.
Made sure I had the proper order number.
Verified the price,and got the person on the phone to also verify the shipping.
Sent the order sheet in with a money order in the amount I was told.
Yesterday I found a message on my recorder,saying all I did was pay for the part,and not include money for shipping.
Say what?
I'd like to know what good it even does to call ahead and get specific instructions,if they can't bother getting it right?
To add insult to injury,after several tries this morning,I finally reached a live person there in Sales.
Told them what was going on.
He told me to hang on a minute.
Then the phone system shifts to somebody's voice mail.Yes,I was surprised-but left a message.Does it transfer back to the guy I was talking with?Of course not.This really displeases me.
Too disgusted to even bother calling back today.I'll try again Monday.
I don't appreciate being put even further behind with what I'm trying to accomplish,because someone can't get their business straight.
Haven't had any trouble from PY or Ames yet.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As an former employee of year one i could have told you that they suck,I'm surprised that they had a part on the shelf.Usually they never,ever have something in stock and have to back order it.Plus pontiac owners are thought of being the scum of the earth there,everyone there is a mopar person or chevrolet.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Stopped even considering them years back when they burned Customer on set of HO exhaust manifolds.
We had a time constraint and they Swore Up and down they had them.
I will never forget this because PY did not have any and after he made his order Py called and said they found some.
Well, since customer had already ordered them overnight from Year none.
he never considered getting the ones from PY.
Well, after 3 days and no manifolds he called them again and?
"Suprise! Back Ordered" for Who knows what time they would get them?
Furious, He stopped payment on the Year None ones and sadly PY had sold the ones they had.
(Luckily I knew the Vendor and had him Over night some to me)
The customer had to wait almost a week to get home with car.
(Sorry Year None, I'm a PY customer forever here)

Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit
As an former employee of year one i could have told you that they suck,I'm surprised that they had a part on the shelf.Usually they never,ever have something in stock and have to back order it.Plus pontiac owners are thought of being the scum of the earth there,everyone there is a mopar person or chevrolet.
WOW .... ! I thought Year one was founded on Pontiac.... they have been around for ever... every time I went to the local Pontiac dealer for parts or help.... I received nothing... but a hard time! maybe you are a X body Pontiac.... THEY SURE HELPED ME FOR OVER 20 + PERFORMANCE YEARS

Old 04-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Xbody owner [Thats Funny]

Quote:
Originally Posted by super duty 455 JD
WOW .... ! I thought Year one was founded on Pontiac.... they have been around for ever... every time I went to the local Pontiac dealer for parts or help.... I received nothing... but a hard time! maybe you are a X body Pontiac.... THEY SURE HELPED ME FOR OVER 20 + PERFORMANCE YEARS
Year one first started but in the early 80's because "len" who started YO wanted to build a 69 T/A clone and that how YO gots it name[the first year of the T/A]but he barely owns any of YO now.

If you look at my name here i think you can see what i own and have owned for 21 years,my first car at 17 was a 69 firebird 400

Old 03-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I cant beleive they dont have any interior colors in stock for 70 GTOs other than black.
They proclaim to be the biggest stocking company for resto parts and half of what I order last two weeks is backordered.
I called and asked how long it takes to get dark green interior parts from them and they said they have to order from mfg and THEN 4-6 weeks AFTER the order is placed.
With the resto hobby being as strong as it is I would have thought they coould get dark green interior parts in less time. Surely the mfg has them in stock and could drop ship.
I am going to try other vendors for the next one and never again go this route. Unacceptable to wait this long for parts advertised as in stock.
Jeff

Old 03-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

I have never bought anything from them because their prices are generally higher than others and the quality (my friend ordered stuff from them) isnt any better than anyone elses stuff.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I bought carpet from Y1 back in 82 for my 73 TA, cheap, didn't fit well. Never bought anything else from them.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Senior Chief

I used to buy quite a bit from them in the early 90s, on the last order i placed,mind you everything i had bought from them was for a Pontiac, I asked for a new catalog, and guess what they send me, a Camaro catalog, that was the last time I bought from them.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope evryone considers PY first for their resto projects. You are using their site for free. They have to pay for it somehow, besides advertisers.
I am not into resto, I am into drag racing so I don't buy anything from PY. However, a few years ago, I wanted to replsce my pitted taillight bezels on my 73 Bird. I ordered them right from PY without checking $$. Since they provide this board to us, the least you can do is buy from them.

Previous - 2001 Jerry Haas-built P/S Grand Am - former WJ car, Hoffman Racing 535" IA2, Tiger Heads/Intake, Single Dominator, PG
Best ET: 7.776 @ 175.94, 1.096 60', 2375 lbs.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Senior Chief

I do buy from PY.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Each company has something that is "best" in market. Either service, inventory: GM parts, reproduction parts, NOS (PY).
Year One used to have super quick shipping I will give them credit but now seems like everything has to be ordered.
Probably their way of doing inventory control ie: dont stock much and drop ship from mfg but 3-6 weeks is way to long.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

when i first started buying parts years ago, i gave a little business to everyone, and i found PY to be my favorite. i also like the way they are Pontiac people while some of the others deal in all brands.

when i found this board, it was a perfect match when i found that it was put on by my favorite resto vendor.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would agree with the above about them being real good in the 90s.
I always received good service from them.
Then "IMO" they just got to big for their own good.
As a result their service S*CKS and since they are not the only game in town I buy else where!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

PY here too, because of the boards

I've found year one is usually more expensive and the parts don't fit as well as PY
which makes sense, as PY specializes

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 03-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Senior Chief

Finally today I found out what happened.
Price increases since the catalog was printed.
And the original person I talked with on the phone was either unaware,or didn't care enough to be sure when he was quoting prices.
Bad way to run a business.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Chief

And now,the rest of the story:
After sending them more money,in the amount they stated-about a week later I got a check back from them for $4.74!!
They said I'd overpaid them.
Bear in mind,I've only done exactly what they've told me to do.
Then they got my address wrong,and shipped the package to a neighbor about 5 houses away.
Yep,this'll be the last time I deal with THESE clowns.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S.
Finally today I found out what happened.
Price increases since the catalog was printed.
This is my BIGGEST complaint with Year One. I can have a brand new updated catalog in my hand and call them for something and they will give me a different price, which is higher of course. Why do they even bother showing prices in their catalog if they aren't correct anyway. Of course, I'm sure that there is a disclaimer in it somewhere that reads along the lines: "Prices are subject to change without notice, etc, etc." :rolleyes:

Just this week, I ordered about 15 items from a Classic Industries catalog and every price was the same except for two items; Both of them were LESS than what was printed in their catalog. :D

www.dixiemusclecars.com
The Southeast's only online Community dedicated to the American Muscle Car!

2006 PBM GTO LS2
1995 Arctic White Trans Am LT1
1981 Trans Am Daytona Pace Car
1969 Gold Poly Firebird w/400
Old 03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When I was restoring my 67 GTO, I bought almost exclusively from PY, a few things from Ames and 1 item from Year One because they were the only one that had what I wanted.
I needed a weatherstrip/seal set for an underdash heater box with A/C. No one had one in their catalog. I found one in the YO Chevelle catalog but not in their GTO catalog, but they are the same, and it fit perfectly
IF PY had it, YO would have lost a sale.
Gary

Old 03-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NEVER AGAIN...they charged me $63. for second day for a solenoid and heat shield in small box, starter was 4-5 weeks out. Found one local and had it next day at AUTO ZONE. Delco rebuilt the same I assume.
PLUS they hit my AX card for the starter charge which wouldnt ship for 4-5 weeks up front!
Called for refund and said it will take 1-2 weeks for credit.
Their attitude is ABSOULTELY "care less"
#2: Ordered two sets of carpet AND PAID FOR IT. Got one in, called three times about second set and jerked around for four days. Said they thought it was double entry BUT they charged my card and let that go TWICE.
Made me go thorough RETURN SUPERVISOR (next day called three times) who had to do something to get it entered/shipped in system again. Took OVER FOUR WEEKS to get second set in. ATL to NC.
They have really gone down since mid 90's. Got to big. Must have been Dukes Of Hazard exsposure.