THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-30-2023, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Interesting PONTIACTION find online.

It’s always interesting owning one of the dealer drag cars from Pontiac.
Every once in a While I go online search for old pictures articles what ever I can find about my car. Most of the pictures online are copies of pictures I’d gotten from the original drivers years ago and posted on my wed site that got lifted back in the day. But every once in a while I find something new .

So today I came across a license plate that has my exact lettering from my race car on it.

Just thought it was kinda cool and that I’d share .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54843FB8-3A91-4606-A142-FD4FFECE2D3A.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	611713  

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2023, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is cool. Nice find.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-30-2023, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The PONTIACTION term was used in Pontiac advertising. (Probably Wangers) As was BREAK AWAY another Connecticut drag car.

But that font and everything is clearly straight off the car.

My car actually had 2 paint schemes, That were so similar most don’t even notice the change. One had the ponti in black w red outline and the action in red, that we believe to be 69 season and one had the whole word ( pontiaction) one color most of the lettering on the car was changed to a different font. We believe that to be the first half of 70 if not all of 70 because the 70 firebird race car was delayed as were all 70 firebirds and Camaros. and really a 70.5 then They had to build it into the race car once it came in w the RAV power.

What they missed in this rendition on the plate (hard to see online ) is that the reason the ACTION is raised up is because they had flames coming out the bottoms they were intended to give the impression of rockets because at the time the most interesting thing going on was the RACE to land on the moon.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 04-30-2023 at 06:32 PM.