Old 02-18-2018, 04:05 PM

Default Fuse Box Question

On a 72 Formula I installed a vintage air system, so when doing the final wiring to a switched source I came across a weird scenario. I figured I'd connect to the htr/ac fuse socket since that's what it's for anyway. When checking what side of the fuse holder was hot I found that both sides of the fuse holder had 12 volts????? No know issues with anything and I found this by coincidence. I referred to the 72 wiring diagram and found really nothing out of the norm except the note for the the wire with slashes that says acc feed for non standard car. I removed the fuse box to check for any damage or visable shorts and found nothing. The wires for this fuse socket are Orange #12 and on the other side two brown # 14 or 16 gauge wires. Both sides are hot with key in accessory position. This fuse box has the upper socket for rear window defrost "blower type" And I cannot find the schematics for the fuse box itself, Any thoughts? Thanks

Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And, you had the fuse pulled to do the check?

Old 02-18-2018, 07:21 PM

Yes the fuse is pulled