THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Final Fairwell For Arnie Palmer Held At St.Vincent Today

Final Fairwell today for Arnie,at St Vincent Archabbey,mass and all. Co in charge using Steeler practice field for more room with large screen tv.Important people flying their jets into airport.The airport is about a mile from college.Going to have fly over of Arnies jet. His sister sat across from me in homeroom. She got a white Mustang convertible after he won a match. My father remembered when working at Latrobe country club,saw Arnie practicing with his father back way before he became famous.My dr last week told me he was in Italy with his family,awhile ago.He was going into hotel. Noticed luggage that looked familiar,here Arnie was there. Talked to him.He was on his honeymoon with 2nd wife after his first had past. Arnie was seeing Rolex about a new watch having to do with him. Don't know what that life would even be remotely like.Big deal today.I'm at work sooo just another day

Old 10-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Have a great memory and story when Arnold was playing the 1982 Senior Open in Portland. A friend and I followed him the entire 18 holes, along with the rest of the "Army".

On one hole he pulled his drive to the left into some native fir and planted apple trees. As he stood over the ball for quite awhile and was trying to decide whether to hook a low shot around some trees to get on the green or through an opening many yards away but well up in the tree branches, some guy from the gallery yelled for him to hook it around the trees, it was a safer shot. Arnold in his always classy way just looked at the guy then said " there's a reason you're on that side of the rope and I'm on this side". He proceeded to hit the shot through the opening high in the branches on did get the ball on the green.

A terrific loss for us all.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I still have a license plate from Arnold Palmer Cadillac somewhere. Wife's cousins live down the road from Latrobe.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Awesome Service!

Jim Nance was wonderful as were the rest of the speakers.

RIP Arnie

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.