Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Default B&M Pro Ratchet?

Can a Pro Ratchet for a glide be used for a turbo 400? Are there different brackets needed,Do you just move the pin on the inside for the 3rd drive gear?Thanks.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know that it is impossible, but I bought a different shifter when I went from a T-400 to a Glide. Both are Pro Ratchets. Call B&M and ask them.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It can be used. I believe there is a detent or pin to change from 3 speed to 2 speed.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Senior Chief

I could never get my turbo ratchet shifter to work right when I switched to the glide. I could get it to shift the gears but it wouldn't go in park all the way. I ended up with a pro stick, and like it much better. I did miss having the electric shift when I changed though. I put the glide in my sons car now and he forgot to shift it a couple time too.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 PM

A friend has one for a glide that I could get,need a turbo,he thought it could be switched but was not sure.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Senior Chief

I just got on summit's web page. 80842 is for 3/4 speed and the 80840 is for the powerglide. I swear I saw some place the the 80842 was a universial shifter that could be used on 2/3/4 speeds. I know I spent a lot of time trying to adjust mine for a glide and gave up. It did work great with the shifnoid though, but that thing will spoil ya.