Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 PM

Default Oil pan removal w/trans out

Has anyone had any luck removing their oil pan without raising the engine with the trans and flywheel out of the car? This is a 69 Grand Prix. She's jacked up pretty good right now as I have just pulled the whole driveline and see that I should change the pan gaskets while I am in there...thanks for any help -

Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a 69 gp and there is no way i could lift the motor high enough still connected to the trans so i took mine all the way out

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 03-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have and won't bother doing it again. After the trans and crossmember, then tailpies disconnected, fan removed and at least one engine mount bolt removed and the engine pushed up as high as possible. Watching for interference from the distributor and power brake booster. After you finally fight the pan off, you get to put up with all the dripping oil off the inside of the engine while you scrape the old pan gasket off. It would have been much easier to have pulled the engine.