Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 08-29-2001, 12:35 PM

Has anyone ever sent in a request to PHS and made a mistake on the VIN? I did this, received an incorrect package. I admit it's my fault, but now that I have sent an email to the Co. explaining the situation, they won't reply. Bear in mind it has only been 2 days since this happened, but with email, one gets used to a quick response. That's all I want, a response. Another thing that is a bit irritating is that there is no phone number on their website. In my mind I picture an operation maybe run by one guy, who doesn't want any contact with his customer base, just applications and 35 dollars. No Offense to the company, I'd just like a reply to my email. Any similar experiences?

Robby D

Old 08-29-2001, 12:35 PM

Has anyone ever sent in a request to PHS and made a mistake on the VIN? I did this, received an incorrect package. I admit it's my fault, but now that I have sent an email to the Co. explaining the situation, they won't reply. Bear in mind it has only been 2 days since this happened, but with email, one gets used to a quick response. That's all I want, a response. Another thing that is a bit irritating is that there is no phone number on their website. In my mind I picture an operation maybe run by one guy, who doesn't want any contact with his customer base, just applications and 35 dollars. No Offense to the company, I'd just like a reply to my email. Any similar experiences?

Robby D

Old 08-29-2001, 01:05 PM

Try faxing them with your problem and phone number. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Its nice to have a service like PHS.

Old 08-29-2001, 01:26 PM
Senior Chief

Pontiac Historic Services is run by Jim Mattison who is one of the most prominent supporters of the Pontiac hobby around.

The service is run by Jim and his wife and they don't publish a phone number because they don't want everyone calling them with endless questions.

Jim is an honest man and I believe that he will reply to your e-mail and do what he can to rectify the problem. He may be on vacation for a few days.

I agree with Pontiactom, send them a FAX and I bet you hear from him soon.
Good luck.

------------------
Bob Kazian
Greer, SC
bobgoat67@aol.com

Old 08-29-2001, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I really do appreciate the fact that PHS exists, and I am sure glad to hear they have integrity. I do feel extremely stupid having done what I did. I have a '67 Bird 400 Conv., imagine how I felt when I got back a build sheet for a bare bones 326. Timeout!!! That's the difference one digit makes.

Robby D

Old 08-29-2001, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm over here in Australia and have asked for four lots of infomation on behalf of myself and two others. In every case the packages arrived super quick and exactly what we asked for.

In another instance I asked for details on a Canadian build car. Received a nice letter right back telling me exactly how to go about this.

He's a straight up guy. Give him a few days and I'll bet you get satisfaction

Old 08-29-2001, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jims wife runs the office and I think he travels some. He has some irons in the fire. They are starting a new online request package service soon. I can bet that they probably get 50 emails a day or more!
"How much is a 65 GTO worth?" "Where can I find a windshield wiper motor for my 70 GTO?"
On top of responding to all the PHS packages they have to weed through the emails. I have talked to him a couple of times. Hes a real nice fellow and very professional. He told me how they go about pulling the VIN numbers and when they get a bunch in they keep on working until they are done. His wife is also. A real hard worker. I sent her a Fed Ex letter request for a car VIN check that I didnt want to get away. She was nice enough to do it and Fed Ex it back on my account number that I had enclosed! Two days I had it! They will get back to you I am sure.
What did the VIN come back as with one digit off? Was it a Pontiac other than a GTO or nothing at all?
Jeff

Old 08-30-2001, 08:56 AM

Jeff,

Check my previous for that.

Old 08-30-2001, 01:23 PM

You guys were right on target, Jim Mattison sent me a fax today saying he is sending a corrected package. My appologies for even thinking the worst. There still exists personalized, courteous service in the world today, even when the mistake is your own.

Robby D

Old 09-05-2001, 05:12 PM
Suspended

Booooooooo!!

I HATE PHS!!

I was looking at a car for parts....originally a stick car. Solid. Good donor.

Well, I figured I'd better send for the PHS first.....

It came back, via fax, the next day.

'63 Catalina, 389/313 hp tripower, HD 3 spd, 3.42 posi, 8 lugs.......

Now, I can't part this thing out....

Another one goes to Scott's Land of Misfit toys......

Man, do I hate those PHS guys......

Old 09-05-2001, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Yeah, you are so right Scott. PHS is a blight on the nation.

Did exactly the same as you. Bought a pile of JUNK '65 Bonneville 4 Door H'top. Started to strip it out till I find a part of the build sheet under the front seat.

So I think, "I'll just get the details confirmed" PHS tells me its an original 421 HO Tri-power. LOADED. Built as an export car.

So what am I doing now?????? Collecting and spending big on parts to save the useless pile of @#%$. Blah....

I suppose it will be worth it one day but if PHS didn't exist, wouldn't life be easier!!!!