Old 02-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Should I go with the hoopster or the torque thrust?

A lot of cars have the torque thrusts, I would like to stand out but I dont want it to look like crap. Any opinions? This is for my 67 Lemans. Thanks. For those of you who dont know, the torque thurst in on top and the hoopster is on the bottom.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 02-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Should I go with the hoopster or the torque thrust?

A lot of cars have the torque thrusts, I would like to stand out but I dont want it to look like crap. Any opinions? This is for my 67 Lemans. Thanks. For those of you who dont know, the torque thurst in on top and the hoopster is on the bottom.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Senior Chief

I like the thrust.

But it's your ride, ya gotta go with what YOU like.

*** This whale vagina I live in sure feels good!

Some people say I have A.D.D., but they don't know what they're talk ... hey look, a chicken!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Im runing 17in hopsters on my 67 GTO thay look bitchn thay kinda have the look of the Hurst wheels imo

Old 02-15-2005, 12:22 PM

I'd go with the thrusters..More classical look. I think the more modern you make a GTO the more it loses it's appeal. I used 15x7 Cragar SS Alloys all the way around my 67. I get many compliments. I 'll try to post a picture.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

with one call to discount tire the problem was solved. I will be gettting a set of Torque Thrust II's 15X6 mounted and balanced for 706.20

Cant wait till Friday.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:09 PM

1967 WITH CRAGAR SS 15X7 Alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210133.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	17575  

Old 02-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, here you go. I finally installed the grilles (pain in the ass) and put a red pinstrip on it and painted the scoop insert. I went ahead and put tires on it cause it was cheap now I need to replace the right rear axle bearing.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to 6tee7goat

Looks good. I like the way the wheels really compliment the color of your car. Nice.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You have chosen well...I think the curves of the spokes complement the curves of the '66-'67
bodies and trim perfectly. I would have ditched my cragars and bought a set of torque thrust 2's or chromed D's years ago if I weren't so poor.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 PM

i've got cragar ss on me 66 they look very similar to torque thrusts i think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC190134.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	14808  

Old 02-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holy crap, look at that garage!!! I would love to have that space, I could actually do some work myself.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:50 PM

lol I know hitman We just got done with it about 2-3 months ago...we used this kit called U COAT IT or something...my dad knows alot about it all I know is that It was very expensive about 700 dollars for our 3 car garage...prep is a bear...diamond grinders, chemical stripping, anything u can think of we did for a month to get the surface ready for paint..the epoxy needs a good place to settle in...but it was worth it..stuffs amazing nothing seeps in, no stains nothing..everything wipes up and you have a nice shiny finish check out some detailed pics at http://69.163.210.247:7778/FarkasHom...ect/index.html

Old 02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I like the wheels, but I think it would look better with white letter tires. (IMO)

Bigblue... NICE GARAGE!!! (My kitchen floor isn't that clean) Damn!!!!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have another question to add to this topic... I have 14" Rally II's and I like the Rally II look... but I would like to put a more "aggressive" type of tire on the rear of my car. Has anyone ever had 14" rims on the front and then 15" rims on the rear?? Would that cause any problems?? Would it look stupid?? I like that agressive raised look. Just looking for some insight to this.
Thanks!!!

Old 02-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BigBlue-
Is that a '66 Post Coupe? I just bought one this past November and have been steadily working on it. Yours looks great! I was looking at the Cragar SS for mine as well but got some feedback that those rims are hard to keep balanced. Have you had any issues with them?

1966 GTO Coupe(#1845), AT, PS, PB, Nightwatch Blue

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240898/1966-pontiac-gto/
Old 02-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Save the WL tires for the cars they came on orignally and pick up trucks! Leave the blackwalls or maybe redlines!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-24-2005, 01:19 PM

Hey jmartin it is a 1966 Tempest post coupe...yea we currently got ours around october...we too have been very busy since this is going to be my daily driver...replaced fuel tank, fuel sending unit, water pump, fuel pump, mounted oil,volts,and water temp gauges in cabin...currently installing disc brakes and then were getting the floor pans replaced..so its coming along...as for the rims we havent really driven it that much to be honest...its currently always garaged since i drive my moms car until we get it road worthy...although when we did drive it there really was no such thing as a straight line lol u always had to be correcting yourself to go straight (the guy before us garage kept it and raced it every other weekend...u know how that goes) its a project but i enjoy it

Old 02-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BigBlu66-
Mine is a GTO Post Coupe. Since I bought in November, I've done the floor pans, trunk pans, supports, entire rear suspension, brakes(still drums), brakes lines, fuel lines, body mounts and new tires on Rally II's.
Still on deck are a new carb and intake as well as a complete front end rebuild. I've had it for four months and am still waiting to drive it!

Good luck with your restoration...you need any help with things I've done so far, please ask.

JB

1966 GTO Coupe(#1845), AT, PS, PB, Nightwatch Blue

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240898/1966-pontiac-gto/
Old 02-24-2005, 08:16 PM

Man sounds like your a busy man...I'm doing the project with my dad so we work on the weekands cause he works all day and I've got school but I work on it myself during the week sometimes...mostly engine work because I'm comfortable with that...as for the disc brakes I wait for my dads help because I dont want to screw it up...and we get it done..slowly but surely I'd rather do it twice and have it done right...ONE QUESTION I'm looking into redoing my rear suspension myself after the pans...probably just replacing rear control arms, springs, and shocks...where did you get all your parts from? any sites or references? and also where did u order your floor pans from?? thanks j