Old 04-30-2007, 02:48 AM
Senior Chief

Default '63 Bonneville Convert. Value???????

A mate has found a '63 Bonnie convert. 421 tri-power car for sale over here. What approx. value in what looks to be good driver cond. would it be worth???
How many would have been built too, not many I suppose.

Thanks, Dave.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would guess high 20 or low 30's depending on condition and numbers matching. Quite a find

Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Depending on the condition, and as you say, a good driver, the car should bring about 10 -12 k (US currency), if its a PHS documented 421. There isn't too much numbers matching in 1964 other than build dates on your engine, alt, etc.. Engine serial numbers in 1964 did not match car number, which GM didn't start until late 60's, so all you have to go by is the build sheet, and the date stamping on the block and the build date of the car. Remember, the engine would have been build, at least a month before the car. For example, if the car was built in March, you should have an A or B stamp on the bloce (for Jan or Feb build date.)

If it's a FULLY restored 421 convertible, mid 20's (US currency) should be about right, may be a bit more.

-r-

Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Senior Chief

My buddy is going to pass on this car no matter how rare.

Pushed on the cars cond. the owners answer to how would you rate the car out of 10 the response was 'how good do you want it to be'. Definately not encouraging!!!
He owns a car yard and sounds the used car sales stereo-type. Not risking a 1000km trip with that as a starting point.

Dave.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Dave,
Is that '63 Bonne for sale on the Gold Coast?? If so, I have a mate down here who watched it on eBay (no bidders), and he contacted the seller after the auction end.

After some protracted negotiations, he sent up a holding deposit then a couple of weeks later he and another mate flew up to get it. Once they saw it in the flesh, the car is dressed up junk.

The seller has been trying to find a sucker for a long time now. Price has dropped to a third of what he originally wanted.

Ian

Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave, just had another thought. Is the car a light blue and located down here in Melbourne?

There is a car dealer quite close to where I live who has a '63 Bonne Convert. Haven't seen it for some time but he has had it for a long time. Drives it on sunny days. If its the same car I'd rate it 5 out of 10

Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior Chief

G'day Ian,

Its the one down your way digger. Its on Aussie EBAY at the moment for $20k start & $30k buy it now. The description says it is in Sth. NSW but then he tells us its in Vic. etc. He just sounds way too slick for me, I have to deal with dickheads like that everyday at work so I have little patience for it now days unfortunately (maybe not???????).

My buddy is not hard pressed to find a car, he is just looking at what is out there & when something hits him he'll jump. He is looking for stuff that is LHD predominantly & finished. He has the luxury of being able to buy top end stuff when it comes up & is a busy dude so good luck to him for that.

Meanwhile I am still slaving away over some one else's abandoned project to get this '62 Bonnie on the road. Its coming along nice though & I kinda get satisfaction for doing stuff others feel is too hard.
The best of that is it should only owe me a few grand registered. I need very little in the way of parts, the original tri-tone trim is like new and the chrome is OK.

How are things with you???

Dave.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

G'day mate, things are good here.

I have seen that car before but its not the blue one - (obviously) that I have seen around here. I think I last saw that car at a GM day about 7 years back.

The snoozer selling it is in dreamlank I think. For that money I'd be wanting a MUCH better car. Just for starters, you would never get a roadworthy with that cracked out steering wheel.

For our American friends (who will possibly be intersted in the Right hand drive conversion), here's the link.

Ian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1892&rd=1&rd=1