Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Suspended

Default Tom Vaught - '64 GTO with '67 LB exhaust

Tom when you installed the '67 GP long branch exhaust manifolds in your '64 (or '65?) GTO what did you have to do about the oil filter mount; install a remote filter?

Old 06-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Boost Engineer

I put the one for the 67 Big Car with the swoop back angle on the engine, if I remember correctly. That required a special adaptor piece/plate to tilt the thing. I still have that stuff somewhere. The cross-member had to be notched (421 SD style) to even come close to packaging the stuff. When I swapped in the Georgia 66 Pontiac A-Body rust free frame I did not do the mod on that frame so it is stock now except for the wrong year.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Thank you.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Boost Engineer

I have a 64 GTO Convertible and a 64 Hardtop.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Suspended

I've got a '65 that came out of the paint shop about three years ago that I want to do to look like a car someone bought to take straight to the dragstrip, and I can't decide what exhaust to put on it. I have both '67 ram air gto exhaust manifolds and '67 GP long branch exhaust manifolds, but neither of them would have been out in '65 so I'm kind of thinking headers, but they didn't have jethot in '65 either. And the "book" says the header wrap is a bad thing.

So I'm pondering options and I read some time back about your having put the long branch manifolds on a '64/'65 gto way back when.

This will not be a race car just a cruise/show type car. I just want to try and make it neat.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Boost Engineer

I have had 67 RA GTO manifolds on my car also and for a street car they actually worked pretty well.
Headers would be cheaper in the long run and make more power.

A company in Michigan, Maddog Headers makes a very nice set of early GTO Headers.
Mark Delcamp is the owner. Tell him you talked to me.

Mad Dog Headers

Phone: (517) 869-2308

Alt Phone: (517) 250-4487

Email: maddogheaders@gmail.com

Tom Vaught