67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1968 Firebird Passanger Rear View Mirror

I just purchased a 1968 Firebird that has the driver side rear view mirror with the remote adjustment option. Looking at Ames catalog, there does not appear to be a matching passenger side mirror avaialble. They offer a round one but it appears to be of a different design. Does anyone sell a repro matching passenger side?

2016 Mustang GT - GT with the Performance Pack, beats my former 12 Boss around the track.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They did not make passenger side mirrors in 68. So some dealers installed a matching drivers mirror on the passenger side. However, the driver needed to be seated in drivers seat to adjust it correctly so you can see out it.

IF you keep the remote you would have to put the same on the other side to match it or do without.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet07 View Post
They did not make passenger side mirrors in 68. So some dealers installed a matching drivers mirror on the passenger side. However, the driver needed to be seated in drivers seat to adjust it correctly so you can see out it.

IF you keep the remote you would have to put the same on the other side to match it or do without.
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying buy the more costly driver side adjustable and mount it on the passenger side, or is there a lower cost, non remote adjustable that matches my driver's side? Again, from what I can see in the printed catalog (granted it is a limited view) the round passenger side mirrors okkered appear to be a different design from my remote adjustable driver side.

2016 Mustang GT - GT with the Performance Pack, beats my former 12 Boss around the track.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Correct. They do not make a non remote to look like your remote. You would have to put a remot there to match.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don’t believe you can mount a remote mirror on the passenger side, the fixed lens housing is designed for the driver door.

The only correct solutions (as opposed to aftermarket or 70’s era GM mirrors) is to mount a non remote mirror on the passenger door, looks lousy in my opinion when you have a remote on the other side. If you are replacing door panels during a resto you could replace the driver side mirror with a non remote to at least have a matching pair.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)