EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default GM TBI systems vs aftermarket EFI

Do people still use the GM TBI kits out there or are they mostly going to the newer self learning EFI stuff from Fitech, FAST etc.?
I'm thinking of going with a GM TBI system when/if the time comes, however the Fitech system looks great too, plenty of feedback on forums about it. Thanks.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems to me the self learning, and support makes the FITECH and Sniper systems the logical choices......and a good carb a viable option also!

Old 08-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Senior Chief

I think it depends on horsepower needs. The aftermarket Fitech, Holley, etc are more capable of power since the CFM and injectors are larger. The GM units are relatively cheap, reliable and have abundant parts availability, but then you need to build or buy an ecu, i.e. Megasquirt or other equivalent, a plus wideband o2 sensor and controller to get the most out of it. IMHO, the GM with megasquirt may have slightly better tunability if you willing to fiddle with it, otherwise the aftermarket ones seem easier.