Old 11-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '63 Tempest/Le Mans Aluminum radiator

Just wanted to pass on some info to the group. I recently came across a aluminum radiator that is about as close to a straight bolt in as you can get for a '63 Le Mans. It is not a double pass radiator so you will need to figure out a new water neck configuration. It also looks like the top hose will come a little close to the power steering pump if your car is equipped with one, but it looks like an easy fix.

All I had to do to get it to fit was a minor roll (knock over) of the top and bottom radiator mounting tabs. - BE CAREFUL ! It's aluminum and very fragile!
You could cut them for the same result.

*Next will be the installation of the electric fans. I plan on using the Lincoln Mark VIII fan kit - Over 4000CFM for one 18" fan.*

The radiator is made by *Northern -- Part # NOR-CR9605 19"x26" (it's actually about 25 1/2" not 26")

Here are some specs --

Race Pro Aluminum Racing Radiators

Northern's Race Pro Aluminum Radiators are perfect for all racing classes. Northern's race technology is incorporated into every Race Pro Radiator from the new sleek 16" Race Pro to the Double Pass Radiator.

Northern Advantages:
  • Exclusive new radiator tube design dramatically increases cooling performance
  • Epoxy free construction - Nothing to crack, chip or leak!
  • Extra heavy reinforced die stamped tanks for added rigidity
  • Anodized billet machined filler necks for better pressure control
  • Highly louvered cooling fins exclusively designed for high performance heat dissipation
  • All welded construction - No Gaskets!
  • 2 Rows of new technology cooling tubes
  • Available with either high performance aluminum 7 plate engine or transmission oil coolers

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/

Last edited by R 70 Judge; 11-25-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Default aluminium radiator

looks like a great fit. is there a certain type of waterneck that is turned 180 degrees or do you have to run the hose somehow to get on the original waterneck? also ,what year lincoln fan kit are you gonna use?and what kinda money did you have to pay for the rad? i'm havng a hard time keeping my 63' cool enough.
thanks for your time,
Kirk

Old 11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I actually purchased the radiator on EBAY (best price I've found) from a company called universal parts co. -- Under $200 shipped to your door.
- link to Ebay store --> http://stores.ebay.com/UNIVERSAL-PARTS-INC

Link to radiator 19x26 ----> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-A...3916QQtcZphoto

They will set you up with a complete kit with aluminum shroud and dual 10" fans (2500 cfm total) for $368.95 plus shipping. -- I didn't get the kit because I didn't think 2500 cfm would be enough to cool my engine. Should be more than enough if you have a stocker. - May require a little trimming.

To make the conversion easier I'm planning on using the CSR 360 degree swivel thermostat housing. Available through BOP Engineering --->http://www.bopengineering.com/beltdr..._topend3.shtml

I'm still looking for a fan out of a '97-'98 Lincoln Mark VIII - It is a single 18" 2 speed fan said to pull over 4000 CFM. It should fit with minor trimming here and there.

I should be finished with it in a couple of weeks. When I am, I'll post more pictures.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 11-28-2005, 12:40 PM

thanks for the info, it's just what I'm looking for. I think it'll be an early xmas gift to myself.any pics you might have when your done would be great.
thanks again,
Kirk